Listen and win Monday-Friday!
Listen to 1480 WSAR for your chance to win great prizes!
WSAR CONTEST RULES
1. The following constitutes Contest Rules, both on and off-air, on WSAR-AM.
2. All WSAR contests are open to any/all WSAR listeners, unless otherwise specified by WSAR-AM or its affiliates.
3. Only one winner or qualifier per family or household will be allowed. The decision of WSAR is final. Winners will be notified by phone or mail.
4. All prizes, unless otherwise specified, must be picked up within thirty days of winning. WSAR-AM will not notify winners of the time remaining on their prize. It is the responsibility of the winner to claim the prize within the thirty days provided.
6. All unclaimed prizes will be forfeited.
7. All major prizes will be given away by WSAR-AM. Odds of winning will depend on the number of qualified entries.
9. WSAR-AM may substitute another prize of equal value, in the event of non-availability of a prize.
10. Employees of WSAR-AM, First Bristol, its advertising agencies, their affiliates, representatives and their families or household or their employees are ineligible to enter/win.
12. Prizes may be mailed at the discretion of WSAR-AM. WSAR-AM is not responsible for the failure or tardiness of prizes delivered via US Postal Service. Otherwise, prizes must be claimed in person, unless otherwise specified. Proper ID is required.
13. In Certain situations, a designated representative will be allowed to accept prize for the winner. Written authorization from the winner including representatives name, ID and a photocopy of the winner’s drivers license is required.
14. WSAR is not responsible for defective prizes.
15. Additions or deletions to these rules may be made at the discretion of WSAR-AM.
16. All winners must be at leaset 21 years of age.
17. WSAR-AM, its agencies, affiliates, sponsors or representatives absolve themselves of any liability, financial or otherwise, resulting from any on or off-air contests staged by WSAR-AM.
18. All contest entries become the property of WSAR-AM. Furthermore, WSAR-AM may withhold any contest materials crucial to the completion of the contest.
19. All contestants acknowledge, as a condition of entry, that WSAR-AM has a right to publicize, or broadcast the winner’s name, character, likeness, voice or all matters incidental herein.
20. All prizes are non-transferable and void where prohibited by law. No cash substitution of prizes allowed.
21. Winners understand and agree that they are responsible for any and all taxes incurred on prizes received.
22. In the event that a winner chooses not to accept a prize, he or she forfeits all claims to that prize. WSAR-AM then has the right, at its discretion, to award that prize to a contest runner-up.
23. Sweepstakes/contests are open to U.S. residents only.
24. Basic contest rules available for review during regular business hours at the WSAR-AM offices, 1 Home Street, Somerset, MA, 02725.
25. Random drawing from among the tied, qualified entries will break any tie. The drawing will be conducted by WSAR and the results of the drawing shall be final.
*J & J JEWLERS JINGLE CONTEST*
Contest Dates: 12/3/18 - 12/21/18
Every morning at around 6:45am, 7:45am, and 8:45am, at the sound of the "J&J Jingle", The Breakfast Club will qualify contestants (LUCKY CALLERS): 4 per contest, to total 12 qualifiers per day. (MON-FRI)
From Monday, December 3 to Friday, December 20, WSAR will qualify listeners for a drawing to be held on Friday, December 21 in studio, at 8:50am.
The prize is a pair of diamond hoop earrings, valued at $1480.00 (Provided by J & J Jewelers in Fall River). In exchange for promotional consideration.
Winner will be responsible for declaring of taxes
About the Contest: WSAR hosts will qualify listeners by asking for selected lucky callers. All qualifiers' names will be placed in a drawing. One winner will be selected.
Must be a legal permanent resident of the United States.
Contestants must be 21 years of age, or older.
Contestants can qualify one time only. 30 day contest rule is waived.
Prize cannot be transferred or exchanged.
Employees of WSAR and J&J Jewelers are not eligible.
No purchase necessary.
On November 30, 2021, Bristol County Broadcasting, LTD, licensee of WSAR, 1480 kHz, Fall River, MA filed an application with the Federal Communications Commission for renewal of its broadcast station license. Members of the public wishing to view the application or obtain information about how to file comments and petitions on the application can visit publicfiles.fcc.gov, and search in WSAR's public file.