Listen and win Monday-Friday!
Listen to 1480 WSAR for your chance to win great prizes!
WSAR CONTEST RULES
1. The following constitutes Contest Rules, both on and off-air, on WSAR-AM.
2. All WSAR contests are open to any/all WSAR listeners, unless otherwise specified by WSAR-AM or its affiliates.
3. Only one winner or qualifier per family or household will be allowed. The decision of WSAR is final. Winners will be notified by phone or mail.
4. All prizes, unless otherwise specified, must be picked up within thirty days of winning. WSAR-AM will not notify winners of the time remaining on their prize. It is the responsibility of the winner to claim the prize within the thirty days provided.
6. All unclaimed prizes will be forfeited.
7. All major prizes will be given away by WSAR-AM. Odds of winning will depend on the number of qualified entries.
9. WSAR-AM may substitute another prize of equal value, in the event of non-availability of a prize.
10. Employees of WSAR-AM, First Bristol, its advertising agencies, their affiliates, representatives and their families or household or their employees are ineligible to enter/win.
12. Prizes may be mailed at the discretion of WSAR-AM. WSAR-AM is not responsible for the failure or tardiness of prizes delivered via US Postal Service. Otherwise, prizes must be claimed in person, unless otherwise specified. Proper ID is required.
13. In Certain situations, a designated representative will be allowed to accept prize for the winner. Written authorization from the winner including representatives name, ID and a photocopy of the winner’s drivers license is required.
14. WSAR is not responsible for defective prizes.
15. Additions or deletions to these rules may be made at the discretion of WSAR-AM.
16. All winners must be at leaset 21 years of age.
17. WSAR-AM, its agencies, affiliates, sponsors or representatives absolve themselves of any liability, financial or otherwise, resulting from any on or off-air contests staged by WSAR-AM.
18. All contest entries become the property of WSAR-AM. Furthermore, WSAR-AM may withhold any contest materials crucial to the completion of the contest.
19. All contestants acknowledge, as a condition of entry, that WSAR-AM has a right to publicize, or broadcast the winner’s name, character, likeness, voice or all matters incidental herein.
20. All prizes are non-transferable and void where prohibited by law. No cash substitution of prizes allowed.
21. Winners understand and agree that they are responsible for any and all taxes incurred on prizes received.
22. In the event that a winner chooses not to accept a prize, he or she forfeits all claims to that prize. WSAR-AM then has the right, at its discretion, to award that prize to a contest runner-up.
23. Sweepstakes/contests are open to U.S. residents only.
24. Basic contest rules available for review during regular business hours at the WSAR-AM offices, 1 Home Street, Somerset, MA, 02725.
25. Random drawing from among the tied, qualified entries will break any tie. The drawing will be conducted by WSAR and the results of the drawing shall be final.
WSAR-AM BIRTHDAY GIFT GIVAWAY RULES: CONTEST STARTS SEPTEMBER 28,2023 ENDS OCTOBER 20,2023. ONE GRAND PRIZE WINNER WILL BE ANNOUNCED ON THE WSAR BREAKFAST CLUB, FRIDAY, OCTOBER 27,2023 AT ABOUT 8:45AM. TO PARTICIPATE, CONTESTANTS MUST SEND TO WSAR-AM A BIRTHDAY CARD OR FACSIMILE OR EMAIL TO WSAR BIRTHDAY CONTEST, 1 HOME STREET, SOMERSET, MA 02725. SEND EMAILS TO MARY@WSAR.COM. STARTING SEPTEMBER 28,2023 THROUGH OCTOBER 20, 2023 WSAR WILL ANNOUNCE A CONTESTANT’S NAME AT APPROXIMATELY 7:15. 8:15, 10:15AM AND 4:15PM MONDAY THROUGH FRIDAY. WHEN A CONTESTANT HEARS THEIR NAME AND LOCATION THE CONTESTANT MUST CALL 508-678-9727 WITHIN 15 MINUTES TO QUALIFY FOR THE GRAND PRIZE DRAWING. CONTEST IS OPEN TO ANY/ALL WSAR LISTENERS. CONTESTANTS MUST BE 21 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER. ONE ENTRY PER HOUSEHOLD. CONTEST IS OPEN TO U.S. RESIDENTS ONLY. THE WINNER WILL BE NOTIFIED BY PHONE OR MAIL. ODDS OF WINNING WILL DEPEND ON THE NUMBER OF QUALIFIED ENTREES. WSAR MAY SUBSTITUTE ANOTHER PRIZE OF EQUAL VALUE. PRIZE PACKAGE IS PRIMARILY MADE UP OF GIFT CERTIFICATES AND OTHER PRIZES. EMPLOYEES OF WSAR-AM, FIRST BRISTOL, ITS ADVERTISING AGENCIES, THEIR AFFILIATES, REPRESENTATIVES AND THEIR FAMILIES OR HOUSEHOLD OR THEIR EMPLOYEES ARE INELIGIBLE TO ENTER/WIN. WSAR-AM RESERVES THE RIGHT TO CANCEL OR DELAY THE CONTEST DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES BEYOND ITS CONTROL. ALL CONTEST ENTRIES BECOME THE PROPERTY OF WSAR-AM. WSAR-AM MAY WITHHOLD ANY CONTEST MATERIALS CRUCIAL TO THE COMPLETION OF THE CONTEST. ALL CONTESTANTS ACKNOWLEDGE, AS A CONDITION OF ENTRY, THAT WSAR-AM HAS THE RIGHT TO PUBLICIZE, OR BROADCAST THE WINNER’S NAME, CHARACTER, LIKENESS, VOICE OR ALL MATERIALS INCIDENTAL HEREIN. PRIZES ARE NON-TRANSFERABLE AND VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. NO CASH SUBSTITUTION OF PRIZES ALLOWED. CONTESTANTS AGREE TO COMPLY BY ALL RULES OF THE BIRTHDAY GIFT GIVEAWAY, GRAND PRIZE WINNER IS RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL TAXES. GRAND PRIZE WINNER WILL BE ISSUED AN IRS FORM 1099 TO REPORT THEIR WINNINGS. GRAND PRIZE VALUE IS $1480.00. WINNER UNDERSTANDS AND AGREES THAT HE OR SHE IS RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY AND ALL TAXES INCURRED ON PRIZES RECEIVED. IN THE EVENT THAT THE WINNER CHOOSES NOT TO ACCEPT THE GRAND PRIZE, WSAR-AM HAS THE RIGHT, AT ITS DISCRETION, TO AWARD THE GRAND PRIZE TO ANOTHER CONTESTANT (DRAWN FROM CONTEST ENTRIES). RESULTS OF THE DRAWING SHALL BE FINAL. CONTEST RULES ARE AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW DURING REGULAR BUSINESS HOURS AT THE WSAR-AM OFFICES. WSAR-AM, ITS AGENCIES, AFFILIATES,SPONSORS, OR REPRESENTATIVES ABSOLVE THEMSELVES OF ANY LIABILITY, FINANCIAL OR OTHERWISE FROM ANY ON OR OFF CONTEST STAGED BY WSAR-AM. NO PURCHASE TO ENTER THE CONTEST. ALL REGULATIONS ( FEDERAL, STATE OR LOCAL ) APPLY.