Updated Forecast Information by National Weather Service:
What has changed ...
• WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY expanded to include all of Massachusetts.
What / Where / When ...
• Light snow will spread across all of Southern New England.
o Beginning late this afternoon into evening for the CT River Valley, 4 to 6 pm, spreading over the remainder of S New England, 6 to 8 pm.
o Bulk of the snowfall occurring around 10 pm to 4 am Thursday with snowfall rates less than an inch per hour.
o Snow tapering 4 am to 7 am Thursday, west to east.
o Total snow accumulations around 2 to 4 inches with locally higher amounts.
? The potential exists for a swath of 3-6 inches of snow within 20 miles north or south of the MA-Pike, including the Berkshires and greater Worcester and Boston Metro Areas.
? Not ruling out amounts that could come close to warning-level criteria of 6-inches.
• Hartford / Springfield / Worcester metro areas ... will see snow develop into this evenings commute.
o Any accumulations on roadways should be light, mainly a dusting ... bigger concern will be reduced visibility.
• Boston / Providence metro areas ... will see snow lingering during the early morning commute on Thursday before ending.
o Slick surfaces with any untreated roads in addition to reduced visibility.
• With any snow ... and given temperatures will be around 20 degrees, upper teens for most areas throughout the event.
o Snow will accumulate on all surfaces.
o A light and fluffy snow, with snowfall rates less than an inch per hour, should make for easy and quick clean-up.
o However treatments may have difficulty working given cold temperatures forecast overnight.
o Expect reductions in visibility and hazardous travel conditions.